Wednesday, December 26, 2012

You are my first....

If you are reading this, then you are one of (if not the VERY) first one of my readers.  Congratulations....check is in the mail!

I have the urge to treat this like a first date:
My name is Mae Beth; I love nail polish, good food, long walks on the beach, pina coladas....wait....that isn't right.  

Here's the real deal:
I am writing this blog to scratch my creative itch that never seems to be satisfied.  I am obsessed with the smell of laundry, paint colors (I know...right?!?!?!?), and my dog Geoff.  When I was younger I always imagined taking Martha Stewart's place on the throne of all things "homemaker" and still think there is room for me somewhere in that realm.  I cook, I clean, I make little crafty things (even if I lose interest half-way through...the idea is what matters, right?) and I have a helluvalot better sense of humor than she does.  I also think I probably dress slightly better.  I firmly believe that a younger, hipper (I hope I fit that category), funnier and quirkier person needs to step in and take over.  BUT, for now, I hope to entertain a few folks with a glimpse inside my head.  It is a crowded space and there are lots of voices ;)

Hope to see you around! I will be posting lots of pictures on inspiring interiors complete with tips...and a few family photos and recipes thrown in for good measure Consider me the Wal-Mart of the blogosphere.
 




1 comment:

  1. Mae Beth, you are a woman after my own heart. I have,over the years, collected many crafty things that I have started and lost interest in because of another crafty thing.Your blog is delightful. I look forward to reading more. Cheryl Sandlin

    ReplyDelete